We have been using Reliance Jio 4G services for free since September 2016. However from April 1 of 2017 Reliance has decided to launch Jio Prime paid service.
So the Jio 4G services are not going to be free anymore.
Do not get disappointed because Jio Prime is still going to be great compared to all other service providers in the market.
Read the following article to know everything about Jio prime offer.
What is Jio Prime? How its Work?
Reliance Jio Prime is the continuation of their previous offers.
Jio started with Jio Preview then came Jio Welcome offer followed by Happy New Year Offer and finally Jio Prime.
The difference between Jio Prime and other previous offers is the Jio Prime is not going to be free.
Subscribers that are old and new can use Jio by paying one-time annual fee of Rs 99 for the recharge pack starting from April 1, 2017.
Once membership is attained you can recharge with Rs 303 plan (read tariff plan in next paragraph) to continue enjoying all the services like unlimited free calls, free data, SMS etc.
Starting from March 31, 2017 if you have not recharged your Jio number with any plan then your services will be discontinued after some time.
However, you will still receive incoming voice calls and SMS for certain period.
But if you do not any recharges for next 90 days then your number will be disconnected permanently.
Reliance Jio Prime Tariff Plans
Reliance is offering 9 different plans to choose from for both Prime as well as non-Prime users.
Plan for Prepaid Jio Users
|PLAN||DATA PRIME||DATA NON PRIME||VALIDITY|
|Rs 19 Plan||200 MB||100 MB||1 Day|
|Rs 49 Plan||600 MB||300 MB||3 Days|
|Rs 96 Plan||1 GB||600 MB||7 Days|
|Rs 149 Plan||2 GB||1 GB||28 Days|
|Rs 303 Plan||30 GB Unlimited Data at lower speed after FUP of 1 GB per day||2.5 GB||28 Days|
|Rs 499 Plan||58 GB, 2 GB FUP per day||5 GB||28 Days|
|Rs 999 Plan||60 GB, No Daily FUP,||12. 5 GB||60 Days for Prime and 28 Days for non Prime|
|Rs 1999 Plan||125 GB||30 GB||90 Days/30 Days|
|Rs 4999 Plan||350 GB||100 GB||180 Days/30 Days|
|Rs 9999 Plan||750 GB||200 GB||1 Year/1 Month|
Plan for Post Paid Jio Users
As far as Post Paid plan is concerned you got only 3 plans.
Rs 303 plan, Rs 499 Plan and Rs 999 Plan.
The details are same as those of pre paid plans.
Benefits of Jio Prime
Here are some of the major benefits of Jio Prime that you can’t ignore.
- Cashback of Rs 100, meaning prime membership worth Rs 99 is totally free. Read next paragraph for details.
- The unlimited benefits like free voice (Local, STD, roaming to any operator anywhere in India), data and SMS are going to continue that you have been using until now by paying Rs 303 per month as subscription.
- Under buy one get one free offer users get an option to recharge either Rs 303 or Rs 499 plan. In Rs 303 plan you get an add-on worth Rs 201 for free with an additional of 5 GB 4G data. For Rs 499 plan you get Rs 301 worth add-on free with an additional 10 GB 4G data.
- Jio gives complete flexibility to choose your plans so that you can increase your benefits at very low incremental fees.
- There is a complementary benefit of Jio’s premium content bouquet worth only Rs 10,000 for an entire year.
How to Get Jio Prime Membership for Free?
You just have to follow 2 very simple steps to avail Reliance Jio Prime membership for almost free.
Step 1: First recharge your Reliance Jio connection with Rs 99/- for prime membership using Jio money wallet app. Upon the successful recharge, you will get a cashback of Rs 50/-.
Step 2: In next step you have to recharge your Jio connection with Rs 303 or above tariff plan to keep enjoying the Happy New Year offer. You get another cashback for this worth Rs 50/-. This time also you do it using Jio money wallet app.
Hence you get total cashback of Rs 50 + Rs 50 = Rs 100.
In other words, you paid only Rs 302 in total for subscribing as well as recharging. So Rs 99 one time annual fee is the reimbursement.